Thursday, December 24, 2009

Discover Rediscovering God in America


Newt and his wife take the reader on a wonderful stroll through our nation's capitol in search of God. Trust me, they find more than you have been taught about the importance of God to our forefathers. God was no passing fancy or the politically correct lip service to sway voters like today's political leaders believe. God was the sovereign rights giver who, in their belief system, was worthy of worship and honor now reflected in the artifacts left behind in our capitol. Newt proves without a shadow of a doubt from the writings, souvenirs, dedication plaques, engravings and even the monuments themselves that our country was not only founded for God's glory but that our leaders actually believed in this fact and lived this fact. I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. The pictures were beautiful and the book's layout is as nice as the Capitol mall itself. Can't wait for my dad to open his copy for Christmas.

I blog for Thomas Nelson and this book was a free copy. They don't tell me what to say and they certainly doesn't correct my grammer and spelling!

1 comment:

MatthewGagnon said...

Not only is the book a great read, but Citizens United has also created two movies based on the Gingrich's book. Check them out here at: http://bit.ly/RediscoveringGod1
or
http://bit.ly/RediscoveringGod2