Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Big read for Small groups

In What Every Small Group Leader Should Know, Larry Kreider gives the church a very solid training tool for any church's small group ministries. Whether you are a Sunday School teacher, Bible study leader or home fellowship host you will greatly profit from this book.
The book is filled with some basic biblical theology of ministry and small groups. The added strength of the book is the tons of tips, ideas and illustrations about doing it right and learning from doing it wrong.
I like this book. Rarely will a book stimulate whiteboard, dream big sessions with my creativity but this one delivered. I found myself with pen and paper jotting down notes and ideas about my own fellowship group that I lead. Maybe that's the key to this book's success with me: I needed the contents to encourage me to wade out of the shallow end of my small group experience and venture into the deep waters of real ministry. I have left this book encouraged and ready to pursue God with my small group.

No comments: